Monday, July 26, 2010

Floating Away: Island Time

This weekend was a pretty slow weekend at home, so I took a nice little two and a half day weekend in the Sacramento Delta. As much as I love Tahoe, it's hard to make a four hour drive each way (plus traffic) worth a weekend but the Delta is nice because it's only about an hour and a half. You don't need to pack much either- swimsuits are pretty much acceptable everywhere.


Anyways, when I was there my sister and I took full advantage of the snack bar, which definitely brought back some childhood memories. It helped that the special was the Root Beer Float- I swear, I had completely forgotten about these and they are SO GOOD!!! Root Beer and vanilla ice cream go so well together. I can promise that the next time I have friends over, Root Beer Floats will be in the mix.


Try one at home for your own mini vacation-enjoy it outside, preferably by a pool, Then, work it all off wakeboarding

-K

2 comments:

  1. So that's how you make RB floats! I feel like such a fool; I can't believe that all this time I had been making them all wrong!

    Thanks K!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/20/9-making-you-feel-bad-about-not-going-outside/

    ReplyDelete