Thursday, July 29, 2010

Embracing Vegetarianism

On Monday I decided to try going vegetarian for a week, and I am currently on Day 4! To be honest I don't really miss meat that much, but when I get a plate of ribs or something in front of me I may feel differently. I have 3 days to go, and I may just decide to stick with it.
I am trying out being vegetarian because I was bored, and because in California, we're really spoiled for choice with all of the yummy local vegetables and fruits that we are lucky enough to have. I also am semi creeped out by the food, and more specifically the meat industry. As much as I love steak, I just can't justify the way the animals are treated before they hit my plate. I am all for grass fed and free range, so I will probably continue to eat those options, but there is nothing appealing about chemically altered or factory raised animals- see Food Inc. for more details.
-K

2 comments:

  1. http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/27/32-veganvegetarianism/

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/19/6-organic-food/

    ReplyDelete