Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Dinner for 8



I recently held a dinner party for me and 8 of my closest friends and I decided the main dish would be sushi! It is a fun food that gets everyone involved, each girl brought something she would like to put in a roll or what they thought would make a delicious addition, we had everything from carrots and avocados to smoked salmon. A friend brought the rice cooker and we soon started rolling sushi!

I set the table with as minimal decorations as possible, a large wooden bowl sat in the middle with a woven basket on top and giant lily flower leaves stretched the length of the table. Each girl got a small dish for soy sauce and either brown or black chopsticks. I left it simple not only to make it appear modern and Japanese but to ensure the delicious food we made was the center star!

-A

2 comments:

  1. http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/03/18/88-dinner-parties/

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/30/42-sushi/

    ReplyDelete