Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A calm after the storm



One of my all time favorite places in the world is Lake Tahoe. I have spent at least a weekend there every summer since I was five years old and nothing compares to the crisp smell of mountain air and the warm sun soaking into your skin. There is so much to do in Lake Tahoe, everything from relaxing and enjoying the fantastic views, hiking either a mile or ten, boating or just spending a day on a pier jumping into the refreshing lake water. I could spend all day on a boat speeding by with the wind against my skin or wakeboarding behind it, but I can't argue with just sitting back with a good book and relaxing!


One of the more spectacular events that happens every so often during Lake Tahoe summers is a summer storm. While there recently I experienced two and I found it romantic, the way the weather changes so quickly from choppy waters and dark thunder clouds to the pinks of the sun reflecting off of the clouds creating an amazing sunset, all within a half hour.


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment